RIIMPO320F: Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate excavator operations to lift carry and place materials.
This unit applies to those working in site based roles.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors, and must be sourced from state jurisdictions prior to applying this unit.
This unit alone does not provide sufficient skill to independently load and unload equipment. To perform this activity safely, personnel must either complete or be assisted by someone who has completed RIIHAN308F Load and Unload Plant or equivalent.
- Plan and prepare for excavator operations
- Operate excavator in line with established requirements
- Lift, carry and place materials to complete work activity
- Select, remove, fit and use attachments for a excavator
- Prepare to relocate the excavator
- Conduct housekeeping activities