Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card)
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
• Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
• Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia; and
• Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit. Relevant work health and safety state and territory regulatory authorities should be consulted to confirm jurisdictional requirements.
• Participants must be over 14 years of age to complete this course.
• 100 points of original identification is to be brought with you on the day.
• Please Note: If you are a school student, please be aware you must provide an original copy of your birth certificate or a written statement on a school letterhead confirming your name and date of birth or the identity of the student has been verified by sighting a student ID card that contains the school crest/seal, your photo, your name and your date of birth.
No person can sit the course unless original identification as stipulated above, is provided to the
Safework NSW Assessor on the day of training.